Dr. Bonacci started his career practicing as a general dentist and after just 3 years practicing general dentistry, he made the decision to become a specialist and has been specializing in Periodontal Medicine and Dental Implants since 2003.
Throughout his career, Dr. Bonacci has worked on thousands of complex cases that provide him a great advantage as he treats his patients today. He is committed to continual education, as he expresses the value of possessing as much knowledge as possible in order to provide patients the care they deserve and need. In support of his efforts towards continual learning, Dr. Bonacci works closely with other local and international dental practitioners to ensure he is always equipped with the latest information regarding procedures, technology, medicine, etc..
Interesting Fact: As a young man bound for college, Dr. Bonacci began his college career with the intent of becoming a general surgeon. But thru college medical internship experiences and exposure to medical dentistry his career path became clear.
Contact our office today to schedule an appointment!
- 2007 American Board of Periodontology, Board Certification
- 2003-2006 Post Graduate Periodontology Residency; Tufts University School of Dental Medicine; Boston, MA
- 2000-2001 General Practice Residency; Lehigh Valley Hospital-Muhlenberg; Bethlehem, Pa
- 2000 Certificate – North East Regional Board of Dental Examiners
- 1996-2000 D.M.D., Tufts University School of Dental Medicine; Boston, Ma
- 1991-1995 B.S. Biology, University of Scranton; Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania State Dental License (Active)
- Massachusetts State Dental License (Active)
- New York State Dental License (Active)
- 2017-Present: Member, International Society of Periodontal Plastic Surgery
- 2015-Present: Fellow Status, International Team for Implantology
- 2011-Present: Dental Hygiene Honor Society (Honorary Teaching Membership)
- 2009-Present: Member, International Team for Implantology
- 2007-Present: American Board of Periodontology
- 2006-Present: UNICO National, Carbondale Chapter
- 2003-Present: American Academy of Periodontology
- 2000-Present: American Dental Association
- 2000-Present: Pennsylvania Dental Association
- 2000-Present: Third District Dental Society of Pennsylvania
- 2009-Present: Scranton District Dental Society, Board of Directors